Signing a contract for my Bible! - Assinando um contrato para a minha Bíblia!


In this photo: Samuel Coto, Editorial Director of Harper Collins Brazil and Thomas Nelson Brazil, and I, signing the contract for the Bible I wrote and illustrated.
Those who see this photo without knowing its story might think it is simply a person signing a paper with someone beside them. But... there is so much history behind this simple photo. It started in 2010 (13 years ago) when I started writing a children's Bible. I spent 1 year and a few months writing. Then, revising the text here and there... until in 2016, I started illustrating the book, dedicating practically the whole day. This process took 3 and a half years. In 2019 this Bible was ready, and the next step (no less difficult than the others) was finding a Publisher. Until I found: Thomas Nelson Brasil. I'll write it again, even for myself to believe (!): Thomas Nelson Brazil will publish my Bible!!!
In this photo, I am signing the contract. The book is coming out of the oven, guys! I mean: it's still in the oven, but it should come out in July, God willing. And as my mother always says: "And He wants to!"
Gratitude, gratitude, gratitude!

_____________

Nesta foto: Samuel Coto, Diretor Editorial da Harper Collins Brasil e Thomas Nelson Brasil e eu, assinando o contrato para a Bíblia que escrevi e ilustrei.
Para quem vê essa foto sem saber a história por trás, pode pensar que se trata de uma pessoa assinando um papel com alguém do lado. Mas... quanta história por trás dessa simples foto. Começou lá em 2010 (13 anos atrás), quando comecei a escrever uma Bíblia para crianças. Fiquei 1 ano e uns meses escrevendo. Revisa o texto daqui, revisa dali... até que em 2016, comecei a ilustrar o livro, dedicando praticamente o dia todo. Esse processo durou 3 anos e meio. Em 2019 essa Bíblia ficou pronta, e o próximo passo (não menos difícil que os demais) foi encontrar uma Editora para ela. Até que encontrei: A Thomas Nelson Brasil. Vou escrever de novo, até para eu mesma acreditar (!): a Thomas Nelson Brasil vai publicar a minha Bíblia!!! 
Essa foto estou assinando o contrato. Livro saindo do forno pessoal! Quer dizer. Está no forno ainda, mas deve sair em julho, se Deus quiser. E como minha mãe sempre diz: "E Ele quer!". 
Gratidão, gratidão, gratidão!



 

Comentários